Skip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
3rd mistrial for Lincoln man in sex assault case

3rd mistrial for Lincoln man in sex assault case

  • 0

LINCOLN — A third mistrial has been declared for a Lincoln man accused of sexually assaulting a minor.

A jury considering the fate of 41-year-old Lamar Neal began deliberations on Thursday morning. After almost six hours, jurors told the judge they were deadlocked. They were told to continue their efforts. But at 7:15 p.m., they told the judge they still were deadlocked. A mistrial was declared.

Last month two mistrials were declared. The first occurred when his teenage accuser was testifying. The second mistrial came two days later because prosecutors hadn’t disclosed evidence to the defense.

Prosecutors said Friday they intend to seek another trial for Neal. — AP

Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

all

Breaking News

Huskers Breaking News

News Alert