These bite-sized Certified Piedmontese burgers are as delicious as they are fun. Enjoy the sliders plain or slathered in homemade tangy sweet sauce for the perfect flavor.
• 2 pounds Certified Piedmontese ground beef
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 1/4 cup minced onion
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
• 12 slider size buns, sliced in half
• 4 teaspoons butter
• 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
• 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
• 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
• 1 cup ketchup
1. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to combine the mixture and then divide it into 12 patties.
2. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
3. Grill burgers for 3 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
1. In a large skillet, sauté diced onion in butter until onions are soft (about 5 minutes). Add both sugars and stir until dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well blended.
2. Place burgers on individual slider buns. Top with a spoonful of warm sauce. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Real Nebraska beef raised in the Midwest, Certified Piedmontese is a healthier option that’s naturally leaner, more tender and flavorful — it’s what beef really tastes like. Learn more at piedmontese.com.